Blarney Woollen Mills is Ireland’s largest online gift-store. Founded in Blarney, Co Cork in 1975 as a souvenir/gift shop aimed at selling to tourists visiting the village to kiss the Blarney Stone, Blarney Woollen Mills quickly developed a significant mail order business shipping gifts primarily to the USA. Their web presence, Blarney.com has a huge range of products from the most popular Aran Sweaters to Celtic Jewelry and Novelty Irish Gifts.
Following the launch of a new version of their website website, Blarney Woollen Mills hired Granite Digital in April 2013 to support its digital marketing strategy. Online sales had previously been based on email marketing and a strong brand generating repeat & referral business. The brief was to plan and implement a search engine marketing strategy to target new business for the website and thereby increasing brand awareness, revenue and sales.
• Increase online visibility of Blarney.com
• Increase sales from new online channels
• Increase brand awareness
Granite Digital’s search engine marketing campaign focused on generating awareness of Blarney.com combining both SEO and Search Engine Advertising (Google AdWords) to target users searching for Irish Gifts but who expressed no preference for where they bought them.
Once awareness was achieved, the focused broadened to tap into loyalty using remarketing with online display ads. Each channel offers unique possibilities and plays a vital part in driving brand awareness, increasing sales and increasing performance:
SEO (Search Engine Optimisation)
• Raises awareness of Blarney.com among people searching for products stocked by Blarney Woollen Mills
• Increase in targeted traffic to website:
• Drives sales and increases ROI by re-targeting customers who viewed products on site but didn’t purchase.
• Ads tailored to this campaign – targeting people who have already been on website